تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده

Deploy Windows Media Player using Group Policy

کد:
    http://www.linglom.com/2008/12/06/deploy-windows-media-player-using-group-policy-part-i-make-an-msi-installer/
    Part I: Make an MSI Installer

Microsoft Windows Media Player is a popular multimedia software that comes with Microsoft Operating System. It can play various media formats such as .avi, .cda, .mpg, .mid, .mp2, .mp3, .mp4, .wav, .wma, etc. You can see the supported file formats at Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports. But even you have the latest version of Windows Media Player, it sometimes may requires you to download additional codecs on the Internet.
    By default, Windows XP comes with Windows Media Player 9. Sometimes, it has a problem when playing media files. But most cases always be solved by update the Windows Media Player to the higher version. If you regularly play media files on the computer, you would need to update Windows Media Player to latest version.
    If you’re going to install only a single computer, it would be fine. You can download the latest Windows Media Player setup file (.EXE) and then run on the computer and you are done. But what if you have to update more than 10 computers (in a corporate for an example). That would takes time and inefficient way to install Windows Media Player on each computer manually. To solve the problem, you can deploy Windows Media Player using group policy or SMS. But these ways require that all computers must be in the domain not workgroup environment. In this article, I’ll focusing on deploy the Windows Media Player using Group Policy only.
    To deploy Microsoft Windows Media Player through Group Policy, you need to make the Windows Media Player setup file (.EXE) to Microsoft Installer (.MSI) package file. The advantage of .MSI package is that you can deploy it through Group Policy or SMS and also it can do silently installation which means that there is no user interface interaction show up when installing the software.
    Microsoft already provided a tool to create Microsoft Installer (.MSI) package for Windows Media Player. It’s called Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player. But currently (the time I wrote this article), EDP is support for make .MSI package of Windows Media Player 9 Series and Windows Media Player 10 only. Windows Media Player 11 isn’t support yet. So I’ll show how to deploy Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 using Group Policy. And in this part, let see how to make an .MSI package file of Windows Media Player.
    This tutorial consists of 2 parts:

1. Deploy Windows Media Player using Group Policy, Part I: Make an MSI Installer
    2. Deploy Windows Media Player using Group Policy, Part II: Deploy MSI Package

Step-by-step

1. Download Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player from Microsoft.
    2. Double-click mpedp.exe to run Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player. Click Yes to continue.
    3. Click Yes to accept License Agreement.
    4. Select path to install Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player. I leave it to default location (C:\MPEDP). Click OK.
    5. The setup is complete. Click OK.
    6. Before run Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player, go download Windows Media Player 10 from Microsoft and rename it to MPSetup.exe and place it in C:\MPEDP\Redist. This is going to be the source file for making MSI package.
    7. Next, open Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player. Click Start -> Programs -> Windows Media -> Enterprise Deployment Pack. The Build Installation Package wizard starts up. Type Y to set Windows Media Player as a default player.
    8. Next, it asks you to include custom settings in the MSI package. I don’t want any complexity for now so type N.
    9. Now the wizard is making .MSI package. Wait a few minutes.
    10. When the wizard has finished, it tells that the MSI Package is in \Release folder.
    11. Open C:\MPEDP\Release folder, you’ll see the Windows Media Player 10 MSI Package. I’ll use this file to deploy it through Group Policy in the next part.

موضوعات مشابه:

نام حقيقي: 1234

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    کد:
    http://www.linglom.com/2008/12/10/deploy-windows-media-player-using-group-policy-part-ii-deploy-msi-package/
    Part II: Deploy MSI Package

From the previous part, I have make an MSI package from Windows Media Player executable file. Now I can use the MSI package file deploy from Group Policy to computers in my domain. This post will show how to deploy the MSI package through Group Policy.
    Step-by-step

1. On the Domain Controller server, open Active Directory Users and Computers.
    2. I’m going to create a new group policy in an Organization Unit. First, create a new Organization Unit (OU), name as “TestOU”.
    3. Open the TestOU Properties, select Group Policy tab. Click New and name the new group policy as “Deploy WP 10″. Click on the new Group Policy and select Edit.
    4. On Group Policy Object Editor, expand Computer Configuration -> Software Settings -> right-click on Software installations -> New -> Package.
    5. New Windows appears, you have to select to the MSI package that you have just created in the first part. But you need to place it on shared folder where other computers has access to it. Therefore, you must using UNC path, eg. \\Servername\Share Name\Target file. In this example, I place the MSI package in the UNC path as “\\BKKPDC010\PDC\mpsetupedp.msi”. Click Open.
    6. On Deploy Software, select Assigned. Click OK.
    7. Now you’ve finished create a software installation package on the group policy. Next, you need to move some computers to the group policy.
    8. Select sample target computer. Drag a computer to the “TestOU” Organization Unit so that the group policy that you’ve just created will applied to the computer. In this example, the client is “BKKTEST01″.
    9. Wait a few minutes for the group policy applied to all domain controllers (if you have more than one). Then, restart the target computer to take the effect of new group policy.
      Note: You can run “gpupdate.exe” on the client to refresh the policy from the domain without restart the computer.
    10. When the client is booting on Windows XP, it’ll load the group policy.
    11. You’ll see that the status is installing Windows Media Player.
    12. After the installation has finished, login on the client computer and open the Application event log by right-click on My Computer -> select Manage -> expand System Tools -> Event Viewer -> Application. Here, you can observe whether the installation is success or not. In this example, the installation was successful.
      Note: If you see the error log about installation, I suggest you search on the Internet with the error message you see. You may get the answer faster than leave the comment in this post.
    13. Let’s open new Windows Media Player, you’ll see it is version 10 now. Just keep click Next.
    14. Now Windows Media Player 10 is installed and ready to use.
    15. After you’ve tested that the first client computer was installed successfully, you can move more computers to this Group Policy to install Windows Media Player 10

کلمات کلیدی در جستجوها:

mp10edp.exe

msi

mpedp.exe

deploy media player 10

mpsetupedp.msi

Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player

group policy

organization юнит

скачать Enterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player

http://forum.persiannetworks.com/f78/t31851.htmldeploy mediaplayer adEnterprise Deployment Pack (EDP) for Windows Media Player.Paramétrer et utiliser Windows Media Player via GPOdeploy Windows Media Player 10EDP Window Media Playerwindows media player 10 .msiinstalling windows media player via group policyEnterprise Deployment Pack downloadhow to deploy window media player 11how to use active directory to update media playerdeploy media player via gpomedia player 11 gpo installdeploy Windows Media Player 11 GPOGPO set media player as defaultmeia player default player gpo

برچسب برای این موضوع

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمی توانید موضوع جدید ارسال کنید
  • شما نمی توانید به پست ها پاسخ دهید
  • شما نمی توانید فایل پیوست ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمی توانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •