تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2004
    محل سکونت
    تهران
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده

مجازی سازی تحت محیط لینوکس

امروز یکی از دوستان سوالی پرسیدن در خصوص نصب vmware و مجازی سازی؛ تحت سیستم عامل لینوکس، خودم اطلاعی در این خصوص نداشتم، اما این لینک رو دیدم؛ زبان ساده و راحتی داره، فکر نمیکنم نیاز به ترجمه داشته باشه.

Dustin's VMware for Linux Guide
    Created on November 29th, 1999

There are many terrific programs out there for linux. There is Netscape, for the web, XMMS for audio media, BitchX and Xchat for IRC, and even WINE for a win32 application layer. With the numerous selections available and projects always under development, there is sometimes the need to use another Operating System.

VMware is a wonderful program for just such an occaission. You may wonder why use Vmware? I can dual boot or use WINE. Well those options are great for some people, but not myself. WINE doesn't allow for true OS emulation, and therefore, all win32 programs are lacking in someway or another via WINE. Dual booting takes to long, and if you are running a server, it will kill your uptime. VMware differs from WINE because it creates a "virtual machine" inside your current OS. This doesnt mean it creates windows, exclusively.

The "virtual machine" can run various OSes, including; Windows 3.1, Windows for Workgroups, Win 95/98, Windows NT and 2000, BeOS, OS/2 Warp, and many Unix variants, including Linux. This "virtual machine" can even take part in networking. VMware creates very extreme opportunities. You could run Linux as your Host OS, and have two "virtual machines", one win32 client and one win32 server, and test client server applications. If you are very familiar with your current distribution of Linux and are wanting to switch, this can allow you to run another distro as a "virtual machine" and get comfortable.

I myself run Windows 98 as my VM and use IP Masquerading you connect it to the internet. And it can run very fast if you set it up properly. I run StarCraft on Battle.net. The first thing you will want to do is spec your system out. VMware allocates resources from your Host OS and dedicates them to itself for the duration of its uptime. So with that being said, your system should have enough resources to run the X Window system plus the resources to run the VM OS. To run win95/98, you should at least have 64mb ram total, then setup 32mb to be dedicated to the VM. You also need to have enough freespace for an entire OS. I have 128mb ram total, so I gave win98 52mb ram to use, because I do have critical daemons running on Linux that need a little ram.

There are also two ways to install it. You could use a pre-existing install on a partition, or , install it in a Linux directory. I am using the virtual disk install for all examples, because I tried both, and it seems to run faster that way. Now, goto VMware Virtualization Software for Desktops, Servers & Virtual Machines for a Private Cloud and pickup VMware for Linux, as well as an evaluation license. Download into the /tmp directory, and unpack it by running:

tar -zxvf VMware-X.X.X-XXX.tar.gz

Now move the new directory to /use/local/src for installing.

mv vmware-distrib /usr/local/src

You should now change directories into it and locate the installer.

cd /usr/local/src/vmware-distrib

ls

There should be a program name "vmware-install.pl." Run it:

./vmware-install.pl

This script is very handy, I just pressed on everything except where to install the binary files. I always like to keep binary files in the /usr/local directory.

After it is installed, change directories to where you had it install the binary files, in my case, /usr/local/vmware.

cd /usr/local/vmware

The easiest way to get it going is to start it up with the vmware command.

./vmware

This will kiskstart VMware. Now it will ask you for various things. One will be to place your license in a specific place. Find the license file you dowloaded and place it there, and remember to rename it to 'license.' Next choose "Run the Configuration Wizard" and click "next."

It is a pretty simple setup, click the next button again and get past the rubbish. Now choose the OS you are going to install, I chose Windows 98. It will now ask for a directory, make sure wherever you install it, there is enough room for your OS, I used about 1100mb for my C: directory. And remember, we are picking "New Virtual Disk" for the Virtaul Disk setup menu. Enable your devices, such as cdrom and floppy. When it comes to networking there are a few options, I chose "Host-Only Networking", which create a "virual network" between the host OS and the VM.

If you already have a LAN up, choose "Bridged Networking". If everything is to your liking, click "Done". By the way, dont worry about the ram issue just yet. Also, you can change the networking setup anytime.

Next, stick in your CDROM or boot diskette for your Virtual OS and click "Power On." Just go trough the steps to install the OS.

If you are using a RECOVERY DISK to install your OS, you must remember that none of your special drivers are nesessary. VMware sets up virtual hardware, if you ar using win32, then your NIC will be the AMD network card. This is okay. Also, your display will be 16 colors and 640x480 resolution, and cant be changed until you get connected to the net is the VM.

Once you have it installed in will boot up. The boots for the VM are typically slower than normal, but once it is done it will be better. The first boot will take 5+ minutes. Now, back in the Linux console, use the "ifconfig" command and see if there is a vmnet1 interface device. If so, make sure it's IP is 172.16.27.1. If not, you must bind that address to the NIC, also, if you are running bridged networking, you can skip that step.

Now you must setup networking for the VM. It is fairly easy in window, just right click on the "Network Neighborhood" icon and click "properties." Now find TCP/IP for the AMD NIC. Select "properties" for it as well. Now make the IP 172.16.27.2 then next part nessecitates another guide. You need to look at Janou's IP Masquerading Guide, unless you already have it up. You must make the windows gateway 172.16.27.1 and setup DNS for the VM according to the IP Masq Guide.

Once you get internet connectivity in the VM, go back to the vmware site and download the VMware Tools for your VM OS. Installing this will tweak the OS and also give you a virtual video card. This card will be able to do anything that X is setup for. The setup for Vmware Tools is very easy, and thus needs little explanation. In windows, double-click on the file you downloaded and it will run things through for you.
    منبع :Linux Help - VMWare For Linux Setup Guide

موضوعات مشابه:
    mgholami سپاسگزاری کرده است.
    Mohammad Rasoul Rasti
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    m.rasti [@] outlook.com

نام حقيقي: محمد رسول راستی

مدیر عمومی شناسه تصویری M-r-r
    تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2004
    محل سکونت
    تهران