کد:
http://blah.winsmarts.com/2007-7-SharePoint_2007__All_you_ever_wanted_to_know_about_User_Profiles.aspx

There seems to be a lot of misinformation about this particular topic, so I am just going to type out what I know, and everyone please add/correct as you consider necessary. Also if there are other Q's that can be answered about User Profiles, please leave the questions as comments, and I'll add the answers when I can.
What are User profiles?
In SharePoint 2007, a userid is uniquely identified by his/her username. The username is tied to the membership provider that the site is configured to authenticate against. A user however has a lot more information about him/her other than just their userid. For instance, they may have a phone number, email etc. All this information goes in the user profile.
Why are user profiles useful?
User profiles are helpful because they let you see a user as "Sahil Malik", not "smalik", they let you use use features such as email alerts (email addy is picked from the profile), they let you create neat org charts, they let you search based on profile properties, and let you do audience targeting.
When/Where is User Profile information retrieved from? And where it stored?
When WSS or MOSS are first installed, every sharepoint site will try and connect to the AD and pull in some information about a user, the first time the user is accessed by the site. This information sits in the UserInfo table in the content db of the site. All other profile information sites in the SSP's database.
Read that again carefully :-), "This information sits in the UserInfo table of the content db of the site". In other words, Say if Miss Jenna Jameson gets married and changes her name to Jenna Ryan, her profile information stays "Jameson", until of course some external force forces this information to stay up to date.
For a schematic on how user profile info flows through your MOSS install, click here.
How can profile information be kept up to date?
Simple answer: Using the Shared Service Provider associated with the site. You have to configure the SSP's user profile import however. For instance, you could set the SSP to import from the AD, ADAM, or LDAP, or BDC (supplemental information only) using an incremental schedule, and that information is then subsequently synched down to the individual website. This synch occurs, thanks to a pre-configured job called ProfileSynch.
How can profile information be kept up to date, if in case I am not using MOSS (and have no SSP)?
Use this utility -
SharePoint 2007 Utility #2 - PI - Utility to Import/Export actual user profiles | Sahil Malik - blah.winsmarts.com
How can I synch profile information from a LOB application, if I don't have BDC?
Use this utility -
SharePoint 2007 Utility #2 - PI - Utility to Import/Export actual user profiles | Sahil Malik - blah.winsmarts.com
How can an end user maintain his/her own profile?
Using MySite, or "My Settings". For instance, the user could specify their email address using that link. Now of course this depends on:
a) Do the users have the appropriate permission to perform this action? Users can be granted the specific permission to keep their profile information up to date, (How to? See SharePoint 2007: Fine grained permission control | Sahil Malik - blah.winsmarts.com)
b) If you have "My Sites" enabled, then this information is updateable from within My Sites, not "My Settings".
BTW, It is not inconceivable that you may want to write a custom aspx that uses elevation to allow end users to maintain their own user profile. This is so because frequently My Sites are disabled, or permissions are locked down. Does this suck? A tad bit! But this aspx isn't terribly hard to write.
How can an administrator maintain the user profiles of users?
3 Answers:
a) Using SSP, and the information synchs down.
b) Using People and groups, userdisp.aspx i.e. click on the user's name and edit him/her. Alternatively, create a custom view/link that goes to http://yourmosssite/_layouts/userdisp.aspx?id={UserID}&Force=True on people and groups, and it'll allow the admin to edit user profiles. Note: This won't work if My Sites is enabled. For my sites, use option #a.
c) Use this utility - SharePoint 2007 Utility #2 - PI - Utility to Import/Export actual user profiles | Sahil Malik - blah.winsmarts.com
How can an administrator delegate "profile maintenance"?
Easy.
1. Individual users can edit their own profiles as long as they have the "Edit Personal User Information" permission allowed. See SharePoint 2007: Fine grained permission control | Sahil Malik - blah.winsmarts.com
2. A group can be setup with "Manage user Profiles" permissions in the associated SSP

موضوعات مشابه: