تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده

Creating Navigation Bar Links For A Subset Of Objects in FIM 2010

کد:
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2010/05/21/creating-navigation-bar-links-for-a-subset-of-objects-in-fim-2010-part-1.aspx

PART-1

With FIM it is always about managing objects in a certain way. Either dynamically based upon predefined business rules or manually because you need to change/update something for that object. When managing objects it may be beneficial to have certain subsets of objects to make life a little bit easier. Examples of subsets are:

[1]
    Complete Set: All Identities (based upon the Person object)
    Subset: All Internal Identities (based upon the Person object with IDType Being Identity and EmployeeType being Internal)
    Subset: All External Identities (based upon the Person object with IDType Being Identity and EmployeeType being External)
    Subset: All Service Accounts (based upon the Person object with IDType Being ServiceAccount and EmployeeType being Internal) (of course it would also be possible to create your own ObjectType called svcAccount)

[2]
    Complete Set: All Computer Systems (based upon the Computer object)
    Subset: All Laptops (based upon the Computer object with ComputerType Being Laptop)
    Subset: All Desktops (based upon the Computer object with ComputerType Being Desktop)
    Subset: All Servers (based upon the Computer object with ComputerType Being Server)
    Subset: All Workstations (based upon the Computer object with ComputerType Being Workstation)

I'm going to use the last scenario ([2]) to show how to configure this in FIM. The Navigation Bar in FIM would then look like this for the second scenario:

Let's discuss how to do this in FIM.

Because the Computer object is not available by default in FIM, you must create it first before being able to do anything else. The Display Name for that object is 'Computer Systems' The same is true for attributes needed by that object. Which attributes are needed is something you need to determine by yourself. It depends on what information you want to manage and store for that object. For this scenario the ComputerType attribute (Indexed String, Required) plays an important role. The attributes I used are:

Of course if you want to achieve the creation of the subsets for default objects or custom objects that were already created, there is no need to perform the step in defining and creating a new object with new attributes.

The next step is the creation of a Search Scope for EACH subset you have/need. So for this scenario I created 5 Search Scopes as shown below.

I'm not going to provide all the details for all the Search Scopes, but rather just two of them (Complete Set and 1 subset). With that you should understand how the other 3 are configured. To create Search Scopes, click on the "Administration" Navigation Bar Link, and then click on "Search Scopes" in the list. Click NEW.

Search Scope for the Complete Set called "All Computer Systems"
    Tab "General"

I specified a "Display Name" and a "Description" for the Search Scope.
    I specified "Usage Keywords" for this search scope to define the Object and the scope of the Search Scope. "Usage Keywords" are a different ballgame, but in short those can be used to assign permissions to object to be shown in the GUI and to present to same objects having the same "Usage Keywords". I must be honest here that I still do not fully understand how Microsoft has implemented their default "Usage Keywords" structure. Those aside, let's continue. The specified "Usage Keywords" will also be used in the Navigation Bar Links
    I specified a number to specify the order of the Search Scope in a list of Search Scopes which are available in a drop down menu. Compare the order of the numbers in the third picture in this post with the order of the Search Scopes Shown in the picture below!

Tab "Search Definition"

For the "Attribute Searched" I specified the attributes that should be used to search against. In this case the "DisplayName" and "AccountName" attributes
    For the "Search Scope Filter" I specified the XPATH filter that should the object I would like the Search Scope to return. In this case I want to return all Computer Systems. If you have specified the XPATH correctly you will not get an error and will even see results if you have objects that match the XPATH filter

Tab "Result"

For the "Resource Type" I specified the object type that is in scope of this search scope. In this case it is the custom object type Computer that I created earlier
    For the "Attribute" I specified the attributes that should be returned/shown when the Search Scope is actually used. For the different Search Scopes managing the same object I suggest to specify the same list of attributes to be returned/shown. I always suggest starting with DisplayName because that's the attribute that allows to view/edit/select an object in the list. In this case I specified the following attributes to be returned/shown: DisplayName;computerName;serialNumber;computerUsed By;computerType;computerVendor;computerModel;amoun tOfRAM;harddiskSize;operatingSystem;operatingSyste mArchitecture
    No need to use "Redirecting URL"

Tab "Localization"
    Bot needed and not configured in this case.

After creating the Search Scope, select the just created Search Scope and open (View) it. Click on the Advanced View button and copy the Resource ID from the "Common Attributes" tab. Store it somewhere and remember it belongs to this Search Scope as you'll need it later on with the corresponding Navigation Bar Link.

Search Scope for the Complete Set called "All Computer Systems (Desktops)"
    Tab "General"

I specified "Usage Keywords" for this search scope to define the Object and the scope of the Search Scope. "Usage Keywords" are a different ballgame, but in short those can be used to assign permissions to object to be shown in the GUI and to present to same objects having the same "Usage Keywords". I must be honest here that I still do not fully understand how Microsoft has implemented their default "Usage Keywords" structure. Those aside, let's continue. The specified "Usage Keywords" will also be used in the Navigation Bar Links
    I specified a number to specify the order of the Search Scope in a list of Search Scopes which are available in a drop down menu. Compare the order of the numbers in the third picture in this post with the order of the Search Scopes Shown in the picture below!

Tab "Search Definition"

For the "Attribute Searched" I specified the attributes that should be used to search against. In this case the "DisplayName" and "AccountName" attributes
    For the "Search Scope Filter" I specified the XPATH filter that should the object I would like the Search Scope to return. In this case I want to return all Computer Systems that have the ComputerType set to "Desktop". If you have specified the XPATH correctly you will not get an error and will even see results if you have objects that match the XPATH filter

Tab "Result"

For the "Resource Type" I specified the object type that is in scope of this search scope. In this case it is the custom object type Computer that I created earlier
    For the "Attribute" I specified the attributes that should be returned/shown when the Search Scope is actually used. For the different Search Scopes managing the same object I suggest to specify the same list of attributes to be returned/shown. I always suggest starting with DisplayName because that's the attribute that allows to view/edit/select an object in the list. In this case I specified the following attributes to be returned/shown: DisplayName;computerName;serialNumber;computerUsed By;computerType;computerVendor;computerModel;amoun tOfRAM;harddiskSize;operatingSystem;operatingSyste mArchitecture
    No need to use "Redirecting URL"

Tab "Localization"

After creating the Search Scope, select the just created Search Scope and open (View) it. Click on the Advanced View button and copy the Resource ID from the "Common Attributes" tab. Store it somewhere and remember it belongs to this Search Scope as you'll need it later on with the corresponding Navigation Bar Link.

Continue with part 2 about this topic!

Cheers,
    Jorge

موضوعات مشابه:

نام حقيقي: 1234

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    کد:
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2010/05/21/creating-navigation-bar-links-for-a-subset-of-objects-in-fim-2010-part-2.aspx

PART-2

In part 1, I created the Search Scopes. The next step is the creation of a Navigation Bar Links for EACH subset you have/need. So for this scenario I created 5 Navigation Bar Resources/Links as shown in the picture below.

Like with the Search Scopes I'm not going to provide all the details for all the Navigation Bar Links, but rather just two of them (Complete Set and 1 subset). With that you should understand how the other 3 are configured. To create Navigation Bar Links, click on the "Administration" Navigation Bar Link, and then click on "Navigation Bar Resources" in the list. Click NEW.

Navigation Bar Resource for the Complete Set called "All Computer Systems"
    Tab "General"

I specified the same "Usage Keywords" as in the corresponding Search Scope ("All Computer Systems")

Tab "UI Position"

I specified a "Parent Order" to position the parent link "Computer Systems" in the Navigation Bar. The lower the number, the higher the Navigation Bar Link is positioned. The higher the number, the lower the Navigation Bar Link is positioned.
    I specified an "Order" to position the sub-link "All Computer Systems" in the Navigation Bar below the parent link. However, the parent link always has order 0. But still, the lower the number, the higher the Navigation Bar Link is positioned. The higher the number, the lower the Navigation Bar Link is positioned.

Tab "Behavior"

I specified a "Navigation URL to point to the previously created corresponding Search Scope. The link consists of three parts being:
    <Common Relative Part for Custom Objects><ObjectType><Common Relative Part for Custom Objects><ObjectID Corresponding Search Scope>
    e.g.: ~/identitymanagement/aspx/customized/CustomizedObjects.aspx?type=Computer&searchtype=6b 5da18c-3ce7-444c-aca4-efc0fb282bd5
    I specified the "Resource Count" in the form of an XPATH filter which will calculate the number of object that fall within that scope. See the very first picture this post. It is not mandatory to specify this option and remember it has a performance impact on the system because it needs to calculate the number from time to time.

Tab "Localization"

Navigation Bar Resource for the Complete Set called "All Desktops"
    Tab "General"

I specified the same "Usage Keywords" as in the corresponding Search Scope ("All Computer Systems (Desktops)")

Tab "UI Position"

I specified a "Parent Order" to position the parent link "Computer Systems" in the Navigation Bar. The lower the number, the higher the Navigation Bar Link is positioned. The higher the number, the lower the Navigation Bar Link is positioned. Because it is a sub-link it has the same parent order as the parent link itself
    I specified an "Order" to position the sub-link "All Desktops" in the Navigation Bar below the parent link. But still, the lower the number, the higher the Navigation Bar Link is positioned. The higher the number, the lower the Navigation Bar Link is positioned.

Tab "Behavior"

I specified a "Navigation URL to point to the previously created corresponding Search Scope. The link consists of three parts being:
    <Common Relative Part for Custom Objects><ObjectType><Common Relative Part for Custom Objects><ObjectID Corresponding Search Scope>
    e.g.: ~/identitymanagement/aspx/customized/CustomizedObjects.aspx?type=Computer&searchtype=6b 5da18c-3ce7-444c-aca4-efc0fb282bd5
    I specified the "Resource Count" in the form of an XPATH filter which will calculate the number of object that fall within that scope. See the very first picture this post. It is not mandatory to specify this option and remember it has a performance impact on the system because it needs to calculate the number from time to time.

Tab "Localization"

Now you have created the required objects it is time to check if your work results in what you want. Close Internet Explorer. Open an administrative command prompt window and type IISRESET and hit enter. When started again, open Internet Explorer and navigate to the FIM portal URL and check if the new Navigation Bar Links are shown and return the required results as envisioned.

Have fun!

Cheers,
    Jorge

کلمات کلیدی در جستجوها:

fim customizedobjects.aspx

fim 2010 search scopes

fim 2010 customizedobjects.aspx

navigation bar fim 2010 count

fim navigation bar count

fim 2010 search scope order by

Resource Count fim bar

navigation bar resources fim2010