کد:
http://itprosecure.com/blogs/isa_2006_operations/archive/2007/10/29/isa-server-2006-installing-configuring-and-using-the-isa-2006-cache-directory-tool.aspx

When using Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 (ISA2k6) Standard Edition at the Perimeter of your Network in the Web Caching (sometimes referred to as Forward Caching) Role occasionally it is necessary to view, remove or validate specific Web Site URL Content within the ISA2k6 Cache. The ISA2k6 Cache is a dedicated File (typically called DirX.cdat by File Extension) that contains the Content derived from Web Servers (HTTP/HTTPS Servers for example) which include .jpg, .js, .gif, .css File Extentions (among many others).
In this Blog entry I will demonstrate how to Configure and Use a Tool released by Microsoft Corporation titled the Cache Directory Tool to view the Contents of the ISA2k6 Cache after visiting a specific Web Site. Again, for this ISA2k6 Configuration the focus is on Forward Caching with ISA2k6 at the Gateway (all requests from Internal Workstation Clients route through ISA2k6 Standard Edition configured as a Forward Cache allowing an initial request to a Web Site such as www.sears.com to be retrieved directly from the Internet with subsequent requests for cached content coming directly from the ISA2k6 Configuration Cache instead of from the Web Site a second time - thus saving on Bandwidth, Internet Access attempts and time).

I begin with a Configuration comprised of ISA 2006 Standard Edition including 2 Network Interfaces. The 'Internal' NIC is the Default Gateway for the Virtualized Lab Environment (which coincidentally is behind another ISA 2006 SE Configuration that routes to the 'Physical' Local Area Network which sits behind yet another ISA2k6 Configuration!). The 'External' NIC has a routed path to Internet-based Servers. This configuration also includes the ISA2k6 'Supportability Update' available here.

It is possible to configure the Cache in ISA2k6 to a specific fixed size (in MB, GB or even TB I suppose!). Here I have configured the Cache at 8GB for reference.

I move to the Microsoft Download Web Site and query the term 'ISA 2006 Cache' to locate the Cache Directory Tool. After the download I unzip the contents and place them in a specified Folder.

The Cache Directory Tool is comprised of a single executable.

I place a Shortcut in the Quick Lauch Bar for convenience.

One Important Note - be certain to copy the Cache Directory Tool executable into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server Folder for proper function! Once the Cache Directory Tool is configured I am ready to test access to a Web Site to observe the contents placed in the ISA2k6 Cache.

I move to the Windows XP SP2 Client Workstation. This Client Workstation does not include the Microsoft Firewall Client (but could and should) in normal Operations!

I navigate on the WinXPSP2 Client Workstation to a single Web Site of http://www.sears.com. This should place Cache Entries in the ISA2k6 Cache.

I visit a second URL String on the same Web Site to introduce additional Scripts, .JPGs, .GIFs and CSSs to the ISA2k6 Cache.

Back over at the ISA2k6 Main Console with the Cache Directory Tool open we can see content specifically downloaded from the Web Site. Here we begin to observe detail from items in the Cache such as Length of Time in Cache, Cache Expiration Period, File Type, Server of Origin and many others.

The main entry from the single Web Site visited includes detail on each of the Files Downloaded. We could use this type of detail when troubleshooting a Web Application Published through ISA2k6 for example.

Additional detail of interest from the Cache includes Content Expiration Time/Date, Frequency of Modification and Aging Interval (we can actually defined Custom Aging Intervals for specific Content with ISA2k6).

Now I move to the 'Monitoring' Leaf of the Server Tree in the ISA2k6 Administrators Console. Here I will begin Logging Realtime while visiting the exact same single Web Site (in my example to http://www.sears.com ). I will configure Realtime Logging with a unique Filter focused solely on the Traffic to/from a single Client Workstation by IP Address (in this example a 192.168.1.101 IP Address).

I have initiated editing the realtime Filter.

I add the 'Filter Focus' to the single IP Address of 192.168.1.101 to review all IP Network Traffic to/from this Client Workstation. Once this Filter is focused I will move the the Client Workstation and visit the same Web Page capturing all Network Traffic to/from this Client and placing values into the ISA2k6 Cache (items that cannot be Cached per the Web Server Parameters for Caching).

Back at the WinXPSP2 Client Workstation I refresh the IE7 Browser for the single Web Site of http://www.sears.com .

The Realtime Filtering instantly provides detailed Network Traffic Data for my visit to the Web Site. We can see by Port and Protocol my visit. Additionally, the Filter provides granular Firewall-based Traffic detail such as Rule by Name, Action, and Network of Origin.

Here my visit to the single Web Site is initiated with an HTTP 'Get' Command. The Cache Content of ISA2k6 will be queried and populated (or re-populated for non-cachable data) in realtime.
I hope this Blog entry has assisted you in determing how to use the ISA 2006 Cache Directory Tool. The possibilities for its use are large when using ISA2k6 in the Forward Caching Role which Logs all Internet Access by Web Site

موضوعات مشابه: