مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده

Visio diagrams using BPA2Visio

In this article I will walk you through the process of creating a Visio diagram with the help of Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool.

Creating this diagram will require minimum user interaction and save valueable time.
    The ISA Server Best Practices Analyzer is supplied with two supplemental tools.

a) The ISA Data Packager.
    b) BPA2Visio.

I will only cover the "BPA2VISIO" in this article.

This is an extremely handy tool and I use it for a couple of reasons regularly.

a) To either use it part of my documentation once the Implementation work is complete.

b) If I have been sent on a customer's site where there is no documentation onsite & I am not sure how there system has been setup. With the help of this tool I can get a quick insight of the key components.

Before we start off any further you need to download and install Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool on the ISA server & a pc with Visio installed.

Now I will not cover the entire tool but only a subset of this tool the focus will be on i.e. "BPA2Visio".

The above screen shot is from the client pc which will be used to generate the actual "Visio Diagram".

Note: Ensure the version of the Visio installation is "Professional Edt" with a bare minimum "Typical installation". It also works with Visio 2003 & 2007.

Step 1: Install MS ISA BPA on the ISA server.
    Step 2: Run the scan on the ISA server. "Default / Health Check"
    Step 3: Import / Copy the logs to the "Visio Computer".
    Step 4: Run BPA2Visio and import the logs copied in Step 2 and generate the diagram.

Location of the saved logs files once the scan has been run
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\IsaBPA

On the pc where Visio is installed
    Click Start > Programs > MS ISA server > BPA2Visio >

Click browse and point it to the report file we have copied to this pc.
    Click Generate diagram and away it goes in 2 minutes your diagram is ready to be viewed.

A sample of this has been displayed below. I had to edit this picture a little by moving objects around to ensure it fits in the web page.

But believe me it looks much better, see for yourself when you give this is a try.

موضوعات مشابه:

نام حقيقي: 1234

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    In this article I will walk you through the process of creating a Visio diagram with the help of Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool.

Creating this diagram will require minimum user interaction and save valueable time.
    The ISA Server Best Practices Analyzer is supplied with two supplemental tools.

a) The ISA Data Packager.
    b) BPA2Visio.

I will only cover the "BPA2VISIO" in this article.

This is an extremely handy tool and I use it for a couple of reasons regularly.

a) To either use it part of my documentation once the Implementation work is complete.

b) If I have been sent on a customer's site where there is no documentation onsite & I am not sure how there system has been setup. With the help of this tool I can get a quick insight of the key components.

Before we start off any further you need to download and install Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool on the ISA server & a pc with Visio installed.

Now I will not cover the entire tool but only a subset of this tool the focus will be on i.e. "BPA2Visio".

The above screen shot is from the client pc which will be used to generate the actual "Visio Diagram".

Note: Ensure the version of the Visio installation is "Professional Edt" with a bare minimum "Typical installation". It also works with Visio 2003 & 2007.

Step 1: Install MS ISA BPA on the ISA server.
    Step 2: Run the scan on the ISA server. "Default / Health Check"
    Step 3: Import / Copy the logs to the "Visio Computer".
    Step 4: Run BPA2Visio and import the logs copied in Step 2 and generate the diagram.

Location of the saved logs files once the scan has been run
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\IsaBPA

On the pc where Visio is installed
    Click Start > Programs > MS ISA server > BPA2Visio >

Click browse and point it to the report file we have copied to this pc.
    Click Generate diagram and away it goes in 2 minutes your diagram is ready to be viewed.

A sample of this has been displayed below. I had to edit this picture a little by moving objects around to ensure it fits in the web page.

But believe me it looks much better, see for yourself when you give this is a try

mcmilad سپاسگزاری کرده است.

کلمات کلیدی در جستجوها:

visio

برچسب برای این موضوع

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمی توانید موضوع جدید ارسال کنید
  • شما نمی توانید به پست ها پاسخ دهید
  • شما نمی توانید فایل پیوست ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمی توانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •