نمایش نتایج: از شماره 1 تا 4 از مجموع 4

موضوع: Windows 2008 Failover Clustering: Configuring SQL 2008 for Failover Clustering

نام حقيقي: 1234

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده

Windows 2008 Failover Clustering: Configuring SQL 2008 for Failover Clustering

کد:
    http://itprosecure.com/blogs/windows_2008_admnistration/archive/2009/08/03/windows-2008-failover-clustering-configuring-sql-2008-for-failover-clustering-part-1-of-3.aspx

PART-1

Configuring Windows 2008 Failover Clustering is another mechanism we have to make Applications 'Highly Available' for End Users. Many of the 'Windows Core Infrastructure Applications' (Operations Manager 2007, Configuration Manager 2007, etc.) require a specific version of Microsoft SQL as the Core Database Engine and/or Core Reporting Services Engine to function. In this multi-part Blog entry I will review some of the configuration steps to offer SQL 2008 Services on a Windows 2008 Failover Cluster.
    Here are the Blog entries that comprise the aggregate solution:
    Windows 2008 Failover Clustering: Configuring SQL 2008 for Failover Clustering - Part 1 of 3 (this Blog entry!)
    Windows 2008 Failover Clustering: Configuring SQL 2008 for Failover Clustering - Part 2 of 3
    Windows 2008 Failover Clustering: Configuring SQL 2008 for Failover Clustering - Part 3 of 3
    First, I will build the Windows 2008 Failover Cluster using 3 Nodes and a Node Majority for the Quorum Configuration. Here is that completed work.

Figure A - 3 Node Windows 2008 Failover Cluster. This is built in Blog Part 1 and 2.

Then I will build the Application Cluster running Windows 2008 Failover Clustering and SQL 2008 Failover Clustering Services.

Figure B - 3 Node Windows 2008 Failover Cluster with SQL 2008 Failover Cluster across all Nodes. This is built in Blog Part 3.
    ************************************************** *************************

Figure 1 - I begin with 3 Nodes configured as Windows 2008 x64 Enterprise Edition Servers. These Servers are Patched through July 2009 and include the following Feature:
    Failover Clustering
    In addition, I am using the StarWind iSCSI Server as the iSCSI Target and the Microsoft iSCSI Initiator application provided as part of the Operating System for Windows 2008.

Figure 2 - The 'Disk Management' MMC in Server Manager shows the LUNs presented over iSCSI to all three Failover Cluster Nodes. I always configure a 'Quorum Drive', even for a configuration like this (with 3 Nodes) that does not require a Quorum Drive.

Figure 3 - I get underway by using Server Manager invoking the 'Add Roles' function. It is my intention to add the 'Application Server' Role initially.

Figure 4 - The initial screen for the 'Add Roles Wizard' confirms details specific to proceeding.

Figure 5 - In the 'Add Roles Wizard' I select 'Application Server'. The paradigm of 'Application Servers' encompasses many different aspects of running an Application on the Windows 2008 Platform, and is most focused on Web Services.

Figure 6 - Upon adding the 'Application Server' Role the prerequisite 'Features' offer a Confirmation of addition of such Features. Specifically, the 'Application Server' Role requires 'Windows Process Activation'.

Figure 7 - After confirmation of the Features required by the Application Server Role the 'Add Roles Wizard' offers validation of the scope of Services provided by adding the 'Application Server' Role.

Figure 8 - One of the primary reasons for adding the 'Application Server' Role is addition of 'Data Transformation Services'. Here, I confirm addition of both 'Incoming Remote Transactions' and 'Outgoing Remote Transactions'.

Figure 9 - Upon confirmation of both the Role and Features I am ready to 'Install' to proceed.

Figure 10 - Installation successful! Next I will proceed to confirm the COM+ Application configuration.

Figure 11 - Here I review the COM+ Application configuration resulting from the choices for both 'Role' and 'Features' for the 'Application Server' Role.

Figure 12 - Previously, I installed the 'Feature' of 'Failover Clustering' that includes the 'Failover Clustering Tools'. This occurred while configuring the iSCI Initiator and iSCSI Target parameters.

Figure 13 - Upon opening the 'Failover Clustering Management' MMC, the recommended approach is to select 'Validate a Configuration (Cluster Configuration)' from the 'Management' leaf of the MMC.

Figure 14 - The 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' presents relevant information on proceeding through the Validation Process.

Figure 15 - In the next step of the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' I input the Host by Name (b01-node-1.corp.itpslab.local) and proceed to confirmation Test Parameters.

Figure 16 - The default value of 'Run All Tests' is reasonable seeing this is the first Node in a multi-Node Cluster Configuration.

Figure 17 - Selecting 'Run All Tests' provides a Summary of both Servers (Nodes) targeted for Testing and the Test List.

Figure 18 - Upon completion of the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' Summary Information is provided in both condensed and detailed format. The detailed format is available by selecting 'View Report' from the Summary screen.

Figure 19 - Upon review of the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' Summary Report, and in observing no Critical Errors I proceed to 'Create a Cluster' using the 'Create a Cluster' Wizard.

Figure 20 - The initial information from the 'Create a Cluster Wizard' introduces details pertinent to Cluster Creation.

Figure 21 - This is the first Node and as such I simply add 'bo1-node-1.corp.itpslab.local' to the 'Selected Servers' list.

Figure 22 - In a step not show here I add 'app-cluster-01' as the 'Cluster Name' (Cluster Name Object, or CNO). Additionally, I assign the CNO an IP Address of 192.168.1.65 from the IP Schema for the 'Public Network'. The 'Create a Cluster Wizard' confirms the ability to proceed to completion in creating a single Node Cluster on Windows 2008.

Figure 23 - The 'Create Cluster' Report provides Summary Detail on the Cluster Creation process for further review.

Figure 24 - The additional relevant Detail from the 'Create a Cluster' Summary Report.

Figure 25 - Moving back to the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC we observe several details about this Cluster Configuration. Node 'b01-node-1.corp.itpslab.local' includes a Single Node, the Quorum Configuration is 'Node Majority', and 2 Separate IP Networks provide Services for this Cluster Configuration.

Figure 26 - Selecting 'Storage' from the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC indicates 'No Storage' selected for the Cluster Configuration. I can easily 'Add a Disk' using the 'Action Menu' or by 'Right Mouse Clicking' the 'Storage' leaf.

Figure 27 - Selection of 'Cluster Network 1 (the Default Name given)' indicates this is the IP Interface for the 'Public Network' for this configuration. The 'Public Network' provides Client Connectivity Traffic to/from the Cluster Node.

Figure 28 - The 'Private Network' handles the 'Heartbeat Traffic' between Cluster Nodes.

Figure 29 - Next, I move to Node 2 to add the Failover Cluster Services to the Cluster title 'app-cluster-01.corp.itpslab.local'. This second Node is configured exactly like the first Node.

Figure 30 - I begin with the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' as previously completed on Node 1.

Figure 31 - Once initiated, the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' provides the detail required to add the second Node to this Failover Cluster configuration.

Figure 32 - I add the current Cluster Node (bo1-node-1) and the targeted Cluster Node (b01-node-2) to this process of Validation.

Figure 33 - I select 'Run All Tests' and initiate the Validation process.

Figure 34 - Here is the Summary of 'Servers to Test' and 'Test Selected by the User' for the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard'. Output of these Tests will confirm/deny the ability to add a second Node to the Cluster.

موضوعات مشابه:

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    PART-1

Figure 35 - This screen capture is 'mid process' to show some of the many processes for Validation that occurs. This process titled 'Validate Multiple Arbitrators' is focused on Disk Arbitration for the Cluster Node.

Figure 36 - Upon successful completion of the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' I select 'View Report' to see the Validation detail.

Figure 37 - Since Cluster Node 2 (b01-node-2) was Validated correctly I decide to bring both Cluster Node 2 and Cluster Node 3 'into the Cluster' simultaneously. Of course, for Cluster Node 3 that means passing the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' will be run through successful completion. I am confident, as all three Cluster Nodes are configured exactly the same!

Figure 38 - Same process for running the 'Validate a Configuration Wizard' as seen in the two prior examples.

Figure 39 - I add all three Cluster Nodes (2 'prospective Cluster Nodes') for Validation.

Figure 40 - Again, I select 'Run All Tests' for this Validation process.

Figure 41 - Upon selecting 'Run All Tests' I observe the 'Servers to Tests' and 'Tests Selected by the User'.

Figure 42 - All three Cluster Nodes pass the Validation Tests. I am now ready to add both Cluster Node 2 (b01-node-2) and Cluster Node 3 (b01-node-3) to the Failover Cluster Configuration.

Figure 43 - Moving back to Cluster Node 2 (b01-node-2.corp.itpslab.local) I will begin the 'Add a Node' process using the 'Failover Cluster Manager' MMC.

Figure 44 - I select 'Manage a Cluster', which provides the ability to 'Add a Node' to an existing Cluster (app-cluster-01.corp.itpslab.local).

Figure 45 - Once focused upon the Cluster (app-cluster-01.corp.itpslab.local) I use the 'Actions' Pane and select 'Add Node'.

Figure 46 - The 'Add a Node Wizard' will allow adding more than one Node simultaneously.

Figure 47 - I add Cluster Node 2 and Cluster Node 3 (b01-node-2 and b01-node-3) simultaneously.

Figure 48 - Upon selecting 'Next' I am presented with the addition of the Cluster Nodes.

Figure 49 - The Cluster Nodes were added successfully with a concise Report available for review.

Figure 50 - The 'Add Cluster Nodes' Report summarized all Actions that comprise the Cluster Node addition.

Figure 51 - Here is the second of three pages of the 'Add Cluster Nodes' Report.

Figure 52 - Here is the third of three pages of the 'Add Cluster Nodes' Report.

Figure 53 - Using the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC I focus on observing the 3 Nodes of this Cluster. The 'Storage' leaf provides summarized detail of Storage specific to 'Total Capacity' and 'Available Capacity'.

Figure 54 - Selecting the 'Node' leaf and highlighting 'b01-node-1' I observe the 'Resources' associated with that Node. All available LUNs (Disk Drives) are 'Online' and waiting 'matching' with an Application.

Figure 55 - Upon moving to highlight 'b01-node-2' note that no Disk Resources are controlled by this Cluster Node.

Figure 56 - A similar observation can be made when highlighting 'b01-node-3' regarding Disk Resources.

Figure 57 - I select 'Services and Applications' where there are currently no Services or Applications defined. We are preparing this Failover Cluster to accept SQL 2008 Failover Clustering Services.

Figure 58 - Note that selection of the Cluster Name Object (CNO) there is 'Summary Information' regarding the Cluster. Here, I focus on the 'Quorum Configuration' which is 'Node Majority'. Node Majority is appropriate for a 3 Node Cluster per the defined Quorum Model requirements.

Figure 59 - Selection of the Cluster Name Object and then 'Configure Cluster Quorum Wizard' invokes the possible Quorum Configuration types acceptable to a Windows 2008 Failover Cluster. The Wizard selects the 'most suitable' Quorum Configuration based upon Disk, Node and Network Configuration criteria.
    Summary: In this Blog entry, the first of three, I follow step-by-step procedures to 1) Validate a 3 Node Cluster Configuration, and 2) Create a 3 Node Cluster Configuration using Windows 2008 Failover Clustering. The 3 Node Cluster will be used to Install and Configure SQL 2008 Failover Clustering Services

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    کد:
    http://itprosecure.com/blogs/windows_2008_admnistration/archive/2009/08/03/windows-2008-failover-clustering-configuring-sql-2008-for-failover-clustering-part-2-of-3.aspx

PART-2

First, I will build the Windows 2008 Failover Cluster using 3 Nodes and a Node Majority for the Quorum Configuration. Here is that completed work.

Figure A - 3 Node Windows 2008 Failover Cluster. This is built in Blog Part 1 and 2.

Then I will build the Application Cluster running Windows 2008 Failover Clustering and SQL 2008 Failover Clustering Services.

Figure B - 3 Node Windows 2008 Failover Cluster with SQL 2008 Failover Cluster across all Nodes. This is built in Blog Part 3.

Figure 1 - Now that a 3 Node Failover Cluster is available on Windows 2008 I begin to evaluate if the configuration is suitable to support Failover, moving Nodes Offline (for Patching) and if the Cluster is ready for the next step of Installing Clustered DTS Services in advance of SQL 2008 Failover Services. I begin by Logging on in a User Context of a Domain User who is Local Administrator and 'Full Cluster Administrator' (cluster-os-install-admin-1).

Figure 2 - I select the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC and observe the 'Current Host Server' is 'b01-node-1', or, Node 1 of 3 in our Cluster (app-cluster-01.corp.itpslab.local). The Quorum Configuration is 'Node Majority' which is appropriate for a 3 Node Cluster.

Figure 3 - Selecting the 'Node' leaf and highlighting Node 1 (b01-node-1) I observe the Disk and Network Resources 'matched' to this Cluster Node. It is my intention to 'Move' these Resources (the Disk specifically) to another Cluster Node. I will complete this using an Administrative Command Prompt.

Figure 4 - I invoke a Command Prompt from the 'Quick Launch Bar' where many of the most frequently used Application Short Cuts are placed. Upon selecting the 'Command Prompt', I then select 'Run As Administrator' and 'Accept' the User Account Control popup.

Figure 5 - In an 'Administrative Command Prompt' I issue the 'cluster group' Command to identify Cluster Groups by Name and the associated Node controlling those Groups and Resources. Notice the 'Status' is readily available confirming the Health of our Cluster Nodes.

Figure 6 - Next, I issue the 'cluster group "available storage" /move:b01-node2', and, 'cluster group "cluster group" /move:b01-node-2" Commands (respectively). These 2 Commands move the 'Available Storage' and 'Cluster Group' from Node 1(b01-node-1) to Node 2(b01-node-2).

Figure 7 - Now, issuing the 'cluster group' Command a second time confirms 'movement' from Node 1 to Node 2 of these Cluster Groups. This is a good sign the Cluster is functioning correctly.

Figure 8 - Using the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC and selecting 'b01-node-1' in the 'Nodes' leaf I notice the provisioned LUNs (Disk Drives) no longer appear 'associated' with Node 1 (b01-node-1). They should appropriately appear 'associated' with Node 2 (b01-node-2).

Figure 9 - Success! The LUNs appear associated with Cluster Node 2 (b01-node-2) after being moved using the 'cluster.exe' Command Line parameters. This same type of endeavor will be completed to move Resources and Groups to Cluster Node 3 (b01-node-3).

Figure 10 - In the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC we observe the 'Current Host Server' to be 'b01-node-2' (instead of 'b01-node-1' as prior to the Commands to 'Move' Groups). This visual feedback confirms capability to move 'Groups' between Nodes.

Figure 11 - In a change of focus of the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC with a selection of the 'Services and Applications' leaf it is evident that no 'Service or Application' has been configured for this Application Cluster. In preparation for a SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Installation, I will move to a Windows 2008 Domain Controller to generate the appropriate User IDs and Domain Global Security Groups (DGSGs).

Figure 12 - I move next to Login to a Windows 2008 Active Directory Domain Controller. This Virtualized Lab Configuration has both the Forest and Domain Functional Levels at 'Windows 2008'. The User Context is a 'Domain Admin'.

Figure 13 - The Host Name for this Windows 2008 Domain Controller is 'b01-dc01'. I will create a list of User IDs and DGSGs for consumption by SQL 2008 Failover Clustering.

Figure 14 - In the Organizational Unit (OU) titled 'Application Failover Cluster' I generated several User IDs and a DGSG. Here is the summary list:

1. app-db-01 SQL Full Admins - Role is a 'Full Administrator' of the SQL 2008 Database.
    2. app-db-01-sql-agent - Role is 'Service Admin' for the SQL 2008 SQL Agent Service on the Cluster.
    3. app-db-01-sql-db - Role is 'Service Admin' for the SQL 2008 Database Service on the Cluster.
    4. app-db-01-sql-rs - Role is 'Service Admin' for the SQL 2008 Reporting Services Service on the Cluster.

Figure 15 - Next, I create one additional Domain User titled 'sql_admin_1' which I add as a 'Member' of the 'app-db-01 SQL Full Admins' DGSG.

Figure 16 - I then move back to Cluster Node 1 (b01-node-1) to initiate the Installation of Data Transformation Services. I login as 'cluster-os-install-admin-1' who is a Local Administrator and 'Full Cluster Admin'.

Figure 17 - Installation of a Clustered DTS Service occurs by selecting 'Configure a Service or Application' from the 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC.

Figure 18 - The 'High Availability Wizard' begins to allow selection of a list of 'pre-defined Cluster Aware Services'. Clustered DTS is among the list of available Services for Clustering on Windows 2008.

Figure 19 - I select 'Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC)' from the list of Services and begin the Installation process.

Figure 20 - By default the 'Client Access Point' for DTC is 'app-cluster-dtc'. I select the default value and provide a unique IP Address of '192.168.1.66' for the Clustered DTS Service.

Figure 21 - In the 'LUN Provisioning Process' I identified the requirement for a small, dedicated LUN for the Clustered DTS Service. I use the 'G:\' Drive for placement of the DTC Database.

Figure 22 - Upon acceptance of the basic criteria for the Clustered DTC Service I proceed with the installation.

Figure 23 - A successful installation of a Clustered DTC Service follows, including access to a Summary Report from the 'View Report' button on the 'High Availability Wizard' dialogue window.

Figure 24 - Analysis of the 'Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC)' Summary Report outlines the steps followed to Cluster DTC Services on Windows 2008.

Figure 25 - The 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC now offers the Clustered DTC Service as part of the 'Services and Applications' in this Failover Cluster configuration. Note the dedicated 'IP Address' (192.168.1.66) and dedicated LUN (Disk Drive - G:\). We are moving closer to the SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Installation.

Figure 26 - Use of an 'Administrative Command Prompt' while issuing the 'cluster group' Command yields details regarding the 'app-cluster-dtc' Group associated with Node 2 of the Cluster (b01-node-2).

Figure 27 - Use of the 'cluster res' Command offers details on the 'Resources' associated with the Clustered DTC Service. We have met our objective to prepare a Windows 2008 Failover Cluster with appropriate configuration parameters to permit installation of SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Services.

Summary: In this Blog entry, the second of three, I follow step-by-step procedures to 1) Validate Failover of a 3 Node Cluster Configuration, and 2) Installation of a Clustered DTS Service in preparation for the SQL 2008 Failover Configuration. The 3 Node Cluster will be used to Install and Configure SQL 2008 Failover Clustering Services

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    کد:
    http://itprosecure.com/blogs/windows_2008_admnistration/archive/2009/08/03/windows-2008-failover-clustering-configuring-sql-2008-for-failover-clustering-part-3-of-3.aspx

PART-3

Figure 1 - As I get underway to install the SQL 2008 Failover Clustering configuration on the first Cluster Node (b01-node-1) I validate the available LUNs for Storage. There are 3 each 40GB LUNs (Drive L:\, M:\, N:\) with 1 each 1.4GB LUN set aside for a Quorum Drive (Q:\). We will target the SQL 2008 Services to the L:\, M:\ and N:\ Drive.

Figure 2 - I begin the SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Installation using the SQL 2008 x64 Enterprise Edition Media and selecting 'System Configuration Checker' to validate I did not overlook any additional requirements for Installation.

Figure 3 - The 'System Configuration Checker' provides feedback that 14 of 14 Operations completed successfully. I proceed with the Installation Steps.

Figure 4 - I select 'Installation' from the 'SQL Server Installation Center' and then, 'New SQL Server Failover Cluster Installation'.

Figure 5 - The 'SQL Server 2008 Setup Support Rules' indicate passing on 6 of 6 Rules evaluated as part of proceeding with Installation.

Figure 6 - Advancement to Acceptance of a Product Key indicates forward progress.

Figure 7 - In the 'License Terms' dialogue windows I mark the Check Box to 'Accept the License Terms' to proceed with the Installation.

Figure 8 - The 'Setup Support Files' status simply requires pressing the 'Install Button' to proceed.

Figure 9 - An additional list from the 'Setup Support Rules' indicates passing on 28 Operations with Warning received on 2 Operations. Research of the 2 Operations offering Warning indicate acceptability to proceed with the Installation.

Figure 10 - I double check the 2 'Operations' offering 'Warnings'. The 'Network Binding Order' and 'Windows Firewall' require additional research to confirm the specifics the 'Operation' requires. I double-checked the 'Network Binding Order' to confirm it is correct, while the 'Windows Firewall' is offering a 'Warning' simply due to a Group Policy Object 'Disabling' the Windows Firewall for the Cluster Nodes.

Figure 11 - I proceed past the 'Setup Support Rules' dialogue window and begin selecting parameters for the SQL 2008 Failover Clustering Services.

Figure 12 - In the 'Feature Selection' window for 'Install a SQL Server Failover Cluster' I select a number of 'Features'. The requirements for your Application will define the 'Features' required. Keep in mind there are special configuration steps for Features which do not Cluster, like Reporting Services.

Figure 13 - In the 'Instance Configuration' dialogue windows I input 'app-db-01' as the 'SQL Server Network Name' to proceed.

Figure 14 - In the 'Disk Space Requirements' dialogue window is the Summary of the Installation Requirements configured so far. I proceed to define the 'Cluster Resource Group' parameters next.

Figure 15 - SQL 2008 'identifies' the 'Resource Group Names' currently associated with the Cluster (these are, 'app-cluster-dtc', 'Available Storage' and 'Cluster Group'). The default name of 'SQL Server (MSSQLSSERVER)' is offered as a Resource Group Name for Clustered SQL 2008. I accept this default value and proceed.

Figure 16 - The 'Install a SQL Server Failover Cluster Wizard' advances to the 'Cluster Disk Selection' dialogue window. The Wizard defaults to the uppermost Disk available (in this case, L:\) where I add both M:\ and N:\ as well.

Figure 17 - The values for 'Cluster Network Configuration' default to 'IPv4' and 'DHCP'. I modified the default values by 'toggling off' DHCP and inputting an 'Address' and 'Subnet Mask' of '192.168.1.67' and '255.255.255.0'.

Figure 18 - In Part 2 of this Blog entry we created a number of Domain User IDs to consumption by SQL 2008. On the 'Service Accounts' Tab of the 'Server Configuration' dialogue window I input these unique User IDs for 1) SQL Server Agent, 2) SQL Server Database Engine, and 3) SQL Server Reporting Services.

Figure 19 - The 'Database Engine Configuration' dialogue window provides the ability to define 'SQL Server Administrators'. The DGSG added earlier to Active Directory titled 'app-db-01 SQL Full Admins' is 'Added' as a SQL Server Administrator.

Figure 20 - Next, I configure the 'Database Engine Configuration' by associating the appropriate Directory with a unique LUN (Disk Drive).

Figure 21 - The 'Reporting Services Configuration' dialogue window only offers the option to 'Install, but do not configure the report server' for a Clustered Configuration. Additional details regarding Reporting Service on a SQL 2008 Failover Cluster can be identified in the MSDN Documentation.

Figure 22 - The 'Error and Usage Reporting' dialogue window offers an automated capacity to provide information to Microsoft for Product improvements.

Figure 23 - The 'Cluster Installation Rules' validate passing 7 of 8 Operations with 1 of 8 being 'Not Applicable'. This steps takes us to the corner of the initial Installation of SQL 2008 Failover Clustering on a Windows 2008 Failover Cluster.

Figure 24 - The 'Ready to Install' dialogue window provides an important output file - the 'Configurationfile.ini', that records this configuration parameters. This .ini File can be used as the 'template' for Node 2 and Node 3 if appropriate.

Figure 25 - Upon successful Installation the 'Install a SQL Server Failover Cluster Wizard' will provide a detailed output Text file regarding the Installation Process, Parameters and Actions. I am now ready to move from Node 1 (b01-node-1) to Node 2 (b01-node-2) for the SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Installation. The modified version of these steps occurs on Node 2 and Node 3 to ensure participation in the SQl 2008 Failover Cluster Installation.

Figure 26 - Upon moving to Node 2 (b01-node-2) I initiate the SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Installation process. Again, this is a modified (i.e. reduced number of steps) version of the previous SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Installation.

Figure 27 - Instead of selecting 'New SQL Server Failover Cluster Installation' from the 'SQL Server Installation Center', I select 'Add a Node to a SQL Server Failover Cluster' instead.

Figure 28 - The 'SQL Server 2008 Setup' understand the available Cluster Groups and Cluster Resources as the Installation process begins. The 6 Operations performed for the 'Setup Support Rules' pass with Success.

Figure 29 - Notice the immediate advancement all the way to the 'Product Key' dialogue window when adding a second SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Node. In the initial SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Node Installation, this step is quite a few screens into the Installation process.

Figure 30 - Acceptance of the 'License Terms' occurs next in the 'SQL Server 2008 Setup Wizard'. I 'Accept' and proceed.

Figure 31 - The 'Setup Support Files' dialogue windows requires input of the 'Install Button' to proceed.

Figure 32 - The additional 'Setup Support Rules' triggered as part of this Installation process identify the same 2 'Warnings' (Network Binding Order and Windows Firewall) as the initial SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Node Installation. I proceed with the Installation understanding further research is required for both of these 'Warnings'.

Figure 33 - In the 'Cluster Node Configuration' dialogue windows the SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Installation 'associates' with the existing SQL Instance of 'MSSQLSERVER' on 'app-db-01'. I proceed to confirm additional of another Node to support this Instance.

Figure 34 - Input of Passwords for the 'Service Accounts' for the specific SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Services provides validation of this Node to the Cluster to run SQL Failover Cluster Services.

Figure 35 - The 'Error and Usage Reporting' dialogue window provides the options for automating Feedback to Microsoft regarding SQL 2008.

Figure 36 - The 'Add Node Rules' perform some of the final 'confirmations' prior to adding another Node to this SQL 2008 Failover Cluster configuration. I am working here on Node 2, but the exact same steps apply to the addition of Node 3.

Figure 37 - The 'Ready to Add Node' dialogue windows again points us to the 'ConfigurationFile.ini' and the beginning of the Installation process.

Figure 38 - Here is a successful completion of adding another Node running SQL 2008 Failover Cluster Services to a Windows 2008 Failover Cluster. This process is repeated for Node 3 in this configuration following the exact same steps as outlined in this Blog entry (Part 3 of 3). The result, a 3 Node SQL Failover Cluster ready for further configuration by Application type!

Figure 39 - Finally, let's examine the output of following the numerous configuration steps for this environment. The 'Failover Cluster Management' MMC shows a new Application Server named 'app-db-01.corp.itpslab.local', with 3 Volumes (LUNs) supporting its Sevices (L:\, M:\ and N:\) supported across 3 Windows 2008 Failover Cluster Nodes (b01-node-1, b01-node-2 and b01-node-3). A separate Clustered Distributed Transaction Coordinate (DTC) also is available as part of this configuration.
    Summary: In this Blog entry, the third of three, I follow step-by-step procedures to SQL 2008 Failover Clustering Services. This 3 Node Cluster running on Windows 2008 Failover Clustering is an example of a configuration designed to support 'Cluster Aware Applications' on Windows 2008

کلمات کلیدی در جستجوها:

content

http:itprosecure.comblogswindows_2008_admnistrationarchive20090803windows-2008-failover-clustering-configuring-sql-2008-for-failover-clustering-part-1-of-3.aspx

Acceptability Criteria

windows 2008 configure sql cluster

mmc OR console cluster management resource dhcp

clustering

dhcp as a cluster aware serviceclusterhttp:itprosecure.comblogswindows_2008_admnistrationarchive20090803windows-2008-failover-clustering-configuring-sql-2008-for-failover-clustering-part-2-of-3.aspxfailover-clustersql failover clusterمبینتvl-01-sql-0005reportserverfailover clustering networkdistributed transaction coordinator no disks are availablevalidate diskarbitrationfailover clusteringfailover cluster administrator4windows iscsi serverhttp:forum.persiannetworks.comf78t33520.html

برچسب برای این موضوع

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمی توانید موضوع جدید ارسال کنید
  • شما نمی توانید به پست ها پاسخ دهید
  • شما نمی توانید فایل پیوست ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمی توانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •