این نوشته تاریخش مال سال 2005 هست ولی برام جالب بود گفتم بزارم شاید برای شما هم باشه...تجربه اب هم دارین بگین

Yesterday I bought a NAS-server device - a Linksys Network Storage Link NSLU2. The NSLU2 was AFAIK the best device in terms of value for money. Inside the NSLU2 Linksys placed a small customized Linux distribution - this doesn’t more or less mean anything in it self, but since the Linux kernel is released under the terms of the GNU Public License, and same is the official Linksys NSLU2 Linux distribution, that it self means that it’s posible for anyone to modify the software within he NSLU2. A few NSLU2 user groups on the internet has taken that posibility, and created new and enhanched software releases for the NSLU2 - more formally these software releases are called firmware. On http://www.nslu2-linux.org/ I have found a lot different firmware releases and hardware hacks, and there is there is descriptions on the site how to: add a printer, add a USB webcam, add a extra ethernet adapter, and so on. All in all getting a NSLU2 is connected with a lot posibilities seen from a hacker perspective - the question is only what to do and not to do. By now I think my NSLU2 should just serve as a straight NAS-server and outbound FTP-server.

موضوعات مشابه: