تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده

Connecting GNS3 lab to the internet

کد:
    http://xblain.blogspot.com/2010/02/connecting-gns3-lab-to-internet-part1.html
    Connecting Cisco router to the internet
    Windows7\XP

Hello in this tutorial I will explain how to connect your GNS3 lab to the internet.
    The HOWTO contains two parts. First - Connecting Cisco router to the internet. And second - Connecting the emulated network to the internet.

In our situation we would connect the whole emulated networks to the internet. To achieve this we will connect one of our routers to the internet and will then use NAT on this router to allow other emulated networks to get access outside.

My topology will looks like this:
    Windows7 - The PC where the GNS3 installed and running
    MSLoopback - Microsoft loopback adapter
    Router - My real Edimax router
    Inetrnet - Real internet

So here are the steps:
    1.Create MSLoopback interface
    2.Create Cloud connected to MSLoopback interface
    3.Create Cisco router and connect it to the cloud
    4.Test connectivity

Create MSLoopback interface
    Firs off all you`ll need an Loopback adapter thru witch your emulated network will be connected to your computer.

Go to Control Panel >> Device Manager , right click on your computer name at the top of the list and select Add legacy hardware. Wizard window will open.Click NEXT and choice Install the hardware that I manually choice from the list.
    Choice Network Adapters and click NEXT.

Choice Microsoft category from the list at the left side of the windows and than Microsoft Loopback Adapter.Click next. After installing a new adapter will appear at your network devices window.

I have renamed this adapter to HOST to GNS.

Now you need to allow you interface that connected to the internet to be used by other networks. In my case this is wireless adapter that connected to my Edimax router. Right click on it and select Properties, now go to the Sharing tab. Select Allow other network users to connect through this computer`s internet connection: check box, and select the Microsoft Loopback Adapter as it shown on the picture (Remember I have renamed my MSLoobpack to HOST to GNS)

Click next. At this point windows will set the IP of your Microsoft Loopback interface to 192.168.0.1 with 24 network mask.

Create Cloud connected to MSLoopback interface
    Open a new GNS3 project. Drag and drop Cloud from the list to the working space. Right click it and select Configure.

In the NIO Ethernet tab select your Microsoft Loopback interface and click on Add button. Click OK. Now you have a cloud connecting your GNS project through the loopback interface to your computer.

Create Cisco router and connect it to the cloud
    I will use Cisco 3600 router. Create 2 Fast Ethernet interfaces. Start the router and configure one of the interfaces (I will use FastEthernet 0/0) with IP: 192.168.0.254 /24

Configure default route by entering this command under the EXEC mode:

(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1

Connect the FastEthernet 0/0 interface to the cloud.

Test connectivity
    At this point you should be able to ping the Microsoft Loopback Interface (192.168.0.1) from the router. Also try to ping your real Router (The default getaway of your computer). And than try to ping internet addresses. try to ping domain names like google.com

موضوعات مشابه:

نام حقيقي: 1234

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    کد:
    http://www.blindhog.net/how-to-integrate-a-microsoft-loopback-interface-with-gns3/
    How to integrate a Microsoft Loopback interface with GNS3

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده
    کد:
    http://www.gns3.net/phpBB/topic20.html

Bridge with a Wireless NIC on Windows

HOWTO originally posted by kwiggins on hacki's forum and adapted for GNS3.

The answer to the problem is a little known feature in Windows XP of all places. All that’s needed is a bridge for the bridge, and you are on your way to communicating through GNS3 to the real world all the while you are soaking up some sun outside in the “real world.”

These are the steps to follow to be able to bridge GNS3 to the real world using your wireless adapter.

STEP 1

Set up a Loopback adapter on your PC. There are many tutorials throughout this site that tell how to do this. Blindhog.net has an excellent video on how to setup a Loopback adapter. - http://www.blindhog.net/cisco-dynamips- ... -tutorial/

STEP 2

The next phase is to bridge the Loopback adapter with your wireless adapter. This is the key to making it all work.

a. Open your Network Connections
    b. Use the <Ctrl> to select both the Loopback adapter you just created and your wireless adapter.
    c. Right Click and the select Bridge Connections. Windows will then set up a new adapter called Network Bridge (MAC Bridge Miniport). All of the IP settings for your wireless adapter will now show up under the Network Bridge.
    d. Once Windows has finished doing its thing, you are ready to connect to the real world using the wireless adapter.

STEP 3

At this point follow the instructions in the GNS3 documentation on Communicating with Real Networks. When you have the option to choose your network adapter, choose the Loopback adapter you created. Be sure to give the interface on the router that connects to your cloud an IP address that is on the same subnet as your wireless network.

That's it. You should now be able to connect from your emulated router to the real world using your wireless adapter.

You can also use this method to capture traffic that goes across the wireless adapter using Wireshark. To do so, just select the MAC Bridge as the interface to monitor.

For more detailed information on bridging using Windows XP, see the link below to WindowsNetworking.com

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articl ... brdge.html

Hopefully this will help someone "cut the cord," and use their PC the way it was intended, without wires

مدیر بازنشسته
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2009
    محل سکونت
    نوشته
    سپاسگزاری شده
    سپاسگزاری کرده

Connecting GNS3 to the internet - Video

کد:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYclVyXDSDA
    Connecting GNS3 to the internet Part 1