On April 14, 2009, Microsoft released a beta version of Exchange Server 2010. To expand on Scott Schnoll’s blog on How to Install Exchange Server 2010 Beta, this topic will discuss how to install the Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging Server Role.
To install the Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging Server Role on a Windows Server 2008 operating system, the following prerequisites must be installed first:

• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
  • Windows Remote Management ( WinRM ) 2.0 Community Technology Preview 3 (CTP3)
  • Windows PowerShell V2 CTP3
  • Update from KB 951725
  • Extensions for ASP.NET AJAX 1.0
  • IIS 7.x PrerequisitesServerManagerCmd -i Web-Server
    ServerManagerCmd -i Web-Metabase
    ServerManagerCmd -i Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console
    ServerManagerCmd -i Web-Basic-Auth
    ServerManagerCmd -i Web-Windows-Auth
  • Microsoft Windows Media Player Audio/Video CodecsServerManagerCmd -i Desktop-Experience

Exchange Server 2010 also supports installing the above pre-requisites by using an Answer File with ServerManagerCmd, and answer files are included in the \Scripts folder. To use them, you run ServerManagerCmd -ip <Name of File>. For example:
ServerManagerCmd -ip Exchange-UM.XML
For more information about the requirements for Exchange Server 2010, see Exchange 2010 System Requirements.
For purposes of this demonstration, all Exchange 2010 Server Roles will be installed on one physical lab server. The Mailbox, Hub Transport, and Client Access Server roles have already been installed beforehand.
Launch Setup.exe from the installation folder and select Step 4: Install Microsoft Exchange.

In the Exchange Maintenance Mode window, click Next.

In the Exchange Server 2010 Setup window, select Unified Messaging Server Role. If necessary, change the paths of the Specify the path for the Exchange Server installation files and Specify the path for the Exchange Server installation fields. Click Next.

The system and server will be checked for the prerequisites mentioned at the beginning of this blog.

Once all readiness checks have successfully passed, the Readiness Checks window will be displayed. Click Install.

While Setup is progressing, a Progress window will be displayed.

Once Setup has completed successfully, the Completion window will be displayed.

Click Finish to complete the installation of the Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging Server role.
If necessary, select Step 5: Get Critical Updates for Microsoft Exchange to download and install the latest patches, hotfixes, and upgrades for Exchange Server 2010 Beta.

At this point, you can launch the Exchange Management Console to begin configuring the Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging Server role.

We will cover the configuration in another blog posting in the near future. In the meantime, you can read about all the new features in Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging here:

Also, check out this video:

موضوعات مشابه: